Wednesday, September 24, 2008

If I have a normal pap smear does that eliminate the chance of having HIV/AIDS


If I have a normal pap smear does that eliminate the chance of having HIV/AIDS?
I had unprotected sex 3 years ago, and I didn't ask if the person had HIV. We used a condom but took it off and he withdrew before he orgasmed. I had a pap smear the other month and it came back NORMAL. Would that determine if I didn't have HIV/AIDS?
STDs - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No. A pap smear is to check for cancer only. It does not include any STD's, HIV/AIDS. You have to ask for these additional tests to be done and some involve cervical cultures, others involve blood testing. And, withdrawal is never a form of birth control - you can get pregnant this way and also pick up dangerous diseases.
2 :
I don't think so, HIV/AIDS needs blood test to be detected, pap test is for detecting cervical cancer or HPV, you should get tested to make sure!
3 :
no
4 :
What planet are you living on? The pap smear does not check for STDs. AT ALL. It checks for cervical cell changes that are caused by HPV, but most women with HPV have normal paps. You need an HIV test to determine whether you have HIV. A normal pap smear tells you that the chance of you having cervical cancer right now is extremely low.



Read more discussions :