Sunday, April 4, 2010

Do HIV / AIDS patients have definite mental health problems


Do HIV / AIDS patients have definite mental health problems?
Heard of a case where a HIV / AIDS patients (husband and wife) are having hatred towards the family. Claiming property, spreading hatred and trying to disgrace family members. I want to know if the illness has an affect on their brains.
STDs - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yeah people with HIV/AIDS have a hard time dealing with the fact that they have a deadly disease.. its a terrible thing and i feel absolutely sorry for them.. they cannot help but to be mad at the world.. if u got cancer or HIV/AIDS .. how the hell are u supposed to feel happy when u may end up dying.. its a terrible thing and i feel so sorry for them. I dont think they should exploit their family and treat ppl like shyt, but u gotta handed to them, u know ull go crazy too if u found out u had HIV/AIDS! honestly, if i had it.. ill kill myself .. i would jump into the ocean at the beach and purposely drown.. im sorry.. thats just me though! May God be with those who are suffering.. just pray!
2 :
Sure. They're dealing with the fact that they are facing premature death. If their family is trying to get "more than their share" of inheritances or jumping the gun to try to control their property NOW, that makes it worse. If it advances to AIDS, dementia is common, but not long before death.
3 :
The definite anwser, with out a doubt is NO! We do not have definite mental health problems. I have been HIV+ for 23 years. I look perfectly healthy, I work, I'm raising a family, I feel great, I'm not "crazy" or demented. And I'm not alone, I know many people that are long term survivors and are sane. AIDS related dementia is a thing of the past. If they are on HIV meds, any at all they are not demented from the HIV. Nearly all the new (past 15years) meds cross the blood-brain barrier, protecting the brain. It sounds to me like they may have had problems before their diagnosis. As hard as it can be to live with, its no reason to drown yourself. Life is beautiful.



Read more discussions :