Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fastest growing gropu of people with hiv/aids


Fastest growing gropu of people with hiv/aids?
I have to write this short speech for health class and the question is " My best friend and I are having an argument over the number of hiv/aids cases in the United States. I say the fastest growing group is teenagers and she says it's homosexual men? Who is right? Help us please." I'd really like your help (: I need your source also. Thankkiesss!
STDs - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I've heard homosexual men, prostitutes and drug addicts who inject themselves with shared needles.
2 :
O.k. Here Goes. The organization that keeps all this information is WHO. The World Health Organization. However locally, in your State it would be the CDC. The Center for Disease Control. I will not, do your homework for you...but I will put you on the right path. Every state differs. I am in the Medical Field, and ironically just finished an required AIDS/HIV course. The state in which I live (Washington) has the highest rate among African Americans. However, the nationality that has the most AIDS is Caucasians. This is possible, because there are more Caucasians than African Americans. Asians, had the lowest infection rates. And unbelievably the fastest growing population is not among teenagers....but amongst the elderly. Those in Nursing facility's. In my state, heterosexuals have more cases of AIDS/HIV. Probably because there are more hetero's than homosexual's. Hope that helps some. Good luck with your speech!


Read more discussions :