Sunday, February 20, 2011

When you get blood drawn in the emergency room, can they be able to tell if you have an std or hiv/aids


When you get blood drawn in the emergency room, can they be able to tell if you have an std or hiv/aids?
I went to the emergency room some time ago with a bad stomach ache. They drew a lot of blood from me and did lab tests on it to see if it was a possible eptopic pregnancy. The results were that it wasnt an eptopic pregnancy and my blood was normal. I wanted to know if I had aids or any other std, would they be able to detect it by doing what they did?
STDs - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No, they would have only tested the blood for pregnancy hormones.
2 :
I dont think so, they perform special tests for those and you often have to sign an HIV consent form to be tested for HIV.
3 :
It's possible for them to run those tests yes, but they would have informed you if anything came back abnormal. They also have to inform you of the tests that they are going to do. You are the patient it's your right. If you are concerned that you might have an STD find a clinic near you and get tested.



Read more discussions :