Friday, July 1, 2011

How do you feel about the HIV/AIDS travel restriction being lifted


How do you feel about the HIV/AIDS travel restriction being lifted?
Did you know that part of the massive AIDS funding bill includes the lifting of the HIV/AIDS travel restriction for infected people to come into the country? Do you think they'll be swarming into your community, using up your hospital services (for free of course)?
Other - Politics & Government - 11 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Is this for real? If so, whoever made that decision must have been under the influence of heavy drugs.
2 :
They need help just like anyone else.
3 :
that does not sound good!
4 :
Yes of course. America is well known for universal medical care and, like public European Hospitals, won't even accept payment for services rendered!
5 :
oh god. just don't have sex with them and you'll be fine.
6 :
I have a colleague who has had it for 15 years. She is very healthy, doing great. There's no cure, but the treatment is much more effective. If I were dying in Africa, I'd want to come somewhere they could help me.
7 :
i work in a hospital, so im a bit biased. the more the merrier i think, although it sounds a bit sarcastic when talking about HIV/AIDS. the more people we can help though, the better. people living in third world countries cannot get the education and medication they need to survive, and i think that we should try to do all we can to help.
8 :
Oh yeah. That's what I am worried about. I am sure all the people with HIV and AIDS will be swarming in my community and using up resources. I mean like people here have HIV/AIDS...never!
9 :
I don't discriminate people. As long as they're responsible and give back to society I welcome them in my country. No one gets HIV/AIDS purposely! To show hate for them truly shows what a horrible person you are. I'd much rather have you restricted from coming into my country than someone with Aids!
10 :
I don't know. There is nothing I can do about it.
11 :
I don't like it (and you can thank John Kerry for this) for one thing no one will stop the behavior that spreads aids this way and another we will be footing the bill for the treatment of this Incurable disease.



Read more discussions :