Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My daughter has an HIV/AIDS/STD class tomorrow. What can I expect them to talk to her about


My daughter has an HIV/AIDS/STD class tomorrow. What can I expect them to talk to her about?
I did get a note home, but it was very vague. What can I expect them to teach her?
Primary & Secondary Education - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
just that abstinence is the best way to stay STD free and that you should always use a condom
2 :
Well in my school it involved a speech about different contraceptives/abstinence combined with a graphic PowerPoint with pictures of STDs and info on them.
3 :
Sorry to sound blunt, but what do you think they;re going to talk about? STD's and more specifically HIV and how it can develop into AIDS. I'm sure they will cover safe sexual practices (i.e using diaphragm's and condoms).
4 :
Hopefully , they will say that contact is the way it is transmitted and should be avoided. Also, that people of all lifestyles are apt to contract it as most young heteros (or those who think they are) don't believe they can come into contact with HIV/AIDS. And, yes, if she is taking the class, she knows that it is (or was) spread through gay contact for many years before it jumped to hetero sex about 10 years ago. Sit her down and talk to her when she comes home and don't be embarrassed by what she may tell you. This is sex, not the emotional side of the issue. Think of it as talking about how to avoid the flu or catching a cold. You both will be OK.
5 :
They taught me how HIV/AIDS spread, how it can't spread, what HIV/AIDS is and stands for, that kind of stuff. They didn't talk about STD.



Read more discussions :