Thursday, May 24, 2012

What would you do if you found out that your significant other had HIV/AIDS


What would you do if you found out that your significant other had HIV/AIDS?
If they didn't know, and put you at risk (or gave it to you), how would you react? Remember, they didn't do it on purpose. This is, hypothetically, someone you're supposed to be in love with.
Other - General Health Care - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Ask yourself if you still want to be with the person and risk it... If it was mine, i think i would risk it, but be careful not to contract it.
2 :
get that movie rent
3 :
I would wonder how they contracted it and then I would get tested myself.
4 :
I would go get tested... And if I had it I would get some counceling and a doc's appt immediately to get put on medications. I would have anger issues, I wouldn't lie.. as how did this person get the disease? Did they cheat on me? That would be a big trust issue.... I don't know... It would be tough to not be resentful, but why be alone if both of you have aids.. that is the big what if. If I didn't have it... I wouldn't stay with that person, because I would not want to risk dying of AIDS.
5 :
Before you are too sympathetic to him, keep in mind that he had unprotected sex with someone other than you. I would be sick with worry if this happened to me. And I would never have anything to do with that person again.
6 :
And is this person also supposed to be "hypothetically" in love with me? Then why would they expose me to the risk. Maybe they didn't know that they had it at the time, but if they were having unprotected sex, then they knew that it might be a possibility...even if it is only a remote one. It is that person's obligation to warn their significant other if there is any risk at all. What does that say about the other person's love for ME?? I don't think that I could ever trust that person again, and it would be hard to forgive them...since they had, in effect, killed me! So it wasn't intentional, they were just careless...alot of good that would do me if I were dying! After all, love is based on trust.
7 :
drown them



Read more discussions :