Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What is your personal perspective of the hiv/aids epidemic


What is your personal perspective of the hiv/aids epidemic?
I would like to know people's personal perspective of the hiv/ aids epidemic.
Infectious Diseases - 11 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
its just another virus to be afraid of. and i think we need to develop a universal cure for viruses, no matter what makes them up
2 :
A terrible illness, somewhat easy to avoid in most instances, keep it in your pants, be faithful and if you must stray or experiment,keep it wrapped up, no glove no love!
3 :
its like that song bombs over bhagdad by outkast but instead of bhagdad its africa and instead of bombs its aids
4 :
terrifying.
5 :
Very scary, very sad. Find a cure!
6 :
It doesn't really effect me.
7 :
It's horrible. What else is there to say about it? It just awful and I'm sorry that anyone has to get this disease. It's not fair. And for anyone who doesn't think they are affected by it, don't be so sure. My friend contracted HIV and died of pneumonia. I'm just a working class, married, woman, librarian, and mother. I thought I would never be directly affected by HIV either. I was wrong.
8 :
As horrible as it is to say, like all other diseases and ailments, it is a bringer of balance, controlling over population and over consumption. Not to say it isn't a devastating and terrible epidemic, but disease and death is part of existence.
9 :
i believe that if parents weren't actually kids who are having kids these days that it wouldn't be as bad, but since the parents are kids they are not teaching their kids on the safety of sex. It is actually sad, but what can you do it's going to happen whether we like it or not, and it's not like you can do a background check on every person you plan to sleep with and some people will not be honest about what they have. I know I personally have an STD and was just stuck with it and I am not angry with that person it has actually made me a better person. The guy I am with now before I even followed through with an relationship I made sure he knew exactly what he was getting himself into STD and CRAZINESS... he got the whole package before it was sent.
10 :
My mum and dad are both doctors. When I was really little mum got a phone call and she had to rush to the hospital, I had to go because I was too young to stay home alone. We went into this cubicle and there was a man lying on the bed, and he couldn't have even been 20 (this was in Zimbabwe). He was thin, gaunt and crying, but the worst part was that his cubicle was empty except for my mum, me and several other doctors. All his family had died of aids and now he was. I cried for the whole day. Later my mum told me that the HAART therapy he was going to receive would cost $15, 000 a year. He couldn't afford it so he died that day, coughing up blood.
11 :
I read that it was created in a US Bio weapons lab splicing a harmless retrovirus with another virus to make a virus that would attack the immune system. Spread to Africa by the WHO using contaminated Smallpox vaccines (mistakenly or deliberately????). Front page news in Russia but called disinformation by the US government (but I attached a link to an audio confession of a Merck scientist attached). The original government weapons development documents for the HIV virus can be found online with a bit of searching. This activist has the blueprint available to researchers.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECV52iiLbRM&feature=related He claims that its a race specific Bio-weapon and the cure is US Patent 5676977 Remember the W.H.O. workers were arrested in Libya because of this too? I didn't find it surprising or hard to believe at all and its not the first time, its been going on since 1904. The US government has been spraying, feeding and injecting deadly drugs, virus', uranium, mercury, fluoride etc etc on the US population, military families, foster children and orphans for decades. To make matters worse the disease has been severely over-diagnosed and some of the expensive drugs used to treat it are more deadly than the disease. More pharma exploitation of the situation they created. Sites with the evidence are revealed in the last video link.




Read more discussions :