Sunday, October 12, 2008

Can people with HIV / AIDS / STDs have sex without infecting their partner


Can people with HIV / AIDS / STDs have sex without infecting their partner?
I am not discriminating, just curious. I have always wondered if it is possible for a person with a non-curable disease that can be transmitted sexually to be intimate with someone else and have NO RISK OF INFECTING THEM. Obviously, I know condoms are not 100% effective. If a person has HIV/AIDS, and they know there is even a small chance they could infect their partner, how can they bring themselves to have sex? I would rather be celibate than risk infecting someone if I were infected myself! And this applies to oral sex, kissing, etc. HIV, for example, can be transmitted through any bodily fluid, as far as I know. BTW, people with HIV/AIDS can get it through many avenues not involving sex, so don't lecture. I know this already. So, can someone with HIV/AIDS have sex/kiss/be intimate with absolutely no risk of infecting their partner?
Infectious Diseases - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think that magic johnson did not give it to his wife. I am thinking that it is possible to not infect someone but I would not take that chance. I also think that kissing someone and not catch aids is bull crap because they say do not let anyone use your toothbrush if you have Aids so why would they say this about a toothbrush, and then say you can not catch Aids from kissing.
2 :
nope. there is always a chance. even in kissing if they have herpie sores in their mouths you can get infected.
3 :
A spermicidal foam/jelly and latex condom used together are very effective. Both parties assume the risk with full knowledge of the consequences. It's their choice. We just can't impose our own values on others.
4 :
It's possible to have sex and not give someone the disease you have but there is no 100% effective prevention method. I've slept with a few women in my day and wound up with only things that could be cured (luckily) but the point is, I still wound up with them! You cannot be absolutely sure you will not catch or transmit a disease unless you just don't have sex or do anything else that involves exchanging bodily fluids!
5 :
Nope
6 :
well i have studied this matter and you cant cant it from a insect because it can't live in an insects body. and no you can't catch aids from some one who does not have the virus.



Read more discussions :