Friday, June 1, 2012

What do you say to friend with HIV/AIDS


What do you say to friend with HIV/AIDS?
I have a friend, whom I met a few months ago. He moved to my area from Tennessee in search of work, and found a job as a drywaller. He has been very homesick, and in his loneliness, has been very careless in his personal 'relationships'. This weekend he told me he is HIV+, and it caught me totally off-guard, and did not really know how to respond.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Just tell him you are very sorry and be a supportive friend. One of my very good friends has HIV for many years now. She gets sick all the time. I just try to be there when i can. It should not change your friendship. Understand your friend may go through different mood changes. He may be very angry at himself. Just be a friend.
2 :
Be his friend...be there for him, just be careful around him; Don't mix blood, etc.
3 :
Just tell him you're sorry to hear the news, and make sure that he knows you're there for him if and when he needs you. Then go from there!
4 :
Make him feel like an ordinary healthy person.. be there to support your friend because you never know how thankful HE IS TO have you in his life
5 :
you have to know the details how it can be transferred form one person to another
6 :
IF I FOUND OUT MY FRIEND HIV+, I WOULD MOVE TO A DIFFERENT STATE!! THATS GROSS!



Read more discussions :