Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What should my brother do about his girlfriend maybe having HIV/AIDS


What should my brother do about his girlfriend maybe having HIV/AIDS?
My brother was shown a partner notification letter that his girlfriend of less than a year could have HIV/AIDS. Plus a letter showing her appointment for an HIV/AIDS test. I told him to dump her. She has lied and had 2 sex partners besides him but he doesn't believe it. She said that the letters are a lie. What can I do or say to make him believe it. Two letters would make me believe something is going on what about the rest of you. Give me your feelings.
STDs - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I assume your brother is a big boy, right? If she lied to me----I'd be history. Then I'd go get an HIV test---but I would probably be ok, because I would have been using condoms. If you play, you pay. That's the way it goes. Say nothing more to him about it. Nothing. And don't say "I told you so" if she does have it. It's really none of your business.
2 :
Your brother has a right to choose whom ever he pleases to date. It IS important that your brother get an HIV test for himself, at this point. It is very important that his girlfriend be tested right away. It would appear that she has had sex with someone who has tested positive for HIV. Now, your brother has had sex with someone who had sex with someone who DOES have HIV. His girlfriend has a good chance of having HIV, as well.
3 :
have your brother to talk to the girl and he should tell if these letters are false lets just go together and get tested.
4 :
Go with him to get tested. The girlfriend should be history
5 :
Maybe he should schedule a test for himself and for her and they should go together.
6 :
well, I wouldnt go as far to ay to dump her because she has aids.. shes a person too with feelings. I would say be very careful by wrapping it up before he gets it on with her.. I would also advise him to go get tested now, and then go back in 3-4 months to get re-tested. If he doesnt believe 2 letters saying someone may be infected (I imagine its a certified letteR) then he must be stupid. As for her sleeping around, try to find out who she slept around with and tell them to get tested too. This girl is playing with fire by ignoring these letters and sleeping around. This girl needs to be sent to jail for have sex with people knowing she may have aids.. THAT ACTUALLY IS A CRIMIAL OFFENCE IN SOME STATES AND IN CANADA..
7 :
I would be very skeptical about the letters which are supposed to suggest a person might be at risk of HIV. Letters are very easy to forge, and spreading rumours about whether a person might have HIV or AIDS is one of the easiest and nastiest ways of hurting them. I suspect mischief, especially if you can't confirm the source of the letters. If your brother and his girlfriend are having unprotected sex, they should both have HIV (and other STD) tests together, and return to get the results together. This is sensible in any case, but would help resolve any doubts in your brother's mind.
8 :
If the letters came from a public health department, I would believe the letters. Most letters though, at least the ones that I've seen, only tell a person that they may have come in contact with someone who had the virus. Names and appointments are not usually disclosed. You could tell your brother to check with who sent the letter. I would even consider reporting it to the police. Failing to inform a sexual partner of HIV is often a criminal offense. Where I live, the charge would be aggravated sexual assault. If you believe that she is endangering others, you can also report to the public health department.
9 :
Your brother should get tested ASAP. There are many places that offer free rapid testing services. (Run Yahoo search on 'free hiv test') He shouldn't rely on his girlfriend's insistance of a fraudulent letter. It's better to know, so he can start treatment and avoid infecting anybody else. Treatment is available in most areas at little or no cost to the uninsured (thank you, Ryan White). The site that tests him may be able to make referrals (if he's HIV positive) to medical care and other services that he's likely to need, such as counseling services.
10 :
He needs to get tested. If she's given him HIV knowingly then he has to tell the cops and she'll get sent off to jail. I'm not kidding, people are going to jail now for knowingly passing on HIV. It's a deadly disease. He needs to get tested NOW!
11 :
Use condom everytime. then he is safe.



Read more discussions :