Friday, June 4, 2010

Has anyone heard about the gel for women that reduces the risk of getting HIV/AIDS


Has anyone heard about the gel for women that reduces the risk of getting HIV/AIDS?
It's said that it cuts women's chances of getting the infection by 50%. They also stated that it's effective. As time goes on the gel would be more effective. The gel is now in South Africa. It's has to be at least 80% effective before the US allows it in the country. What do you think about this? Do you think they are coming closer and closer to a cure?
Infectious Diseases - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Prevention is not a cure. And 50% is nowhere near effective enough for me to use.
2 :
Yes, I did hear about that in today's Newspaper. And I hope that the gel is greatly effective. I would like to say that they are trying to find a cure, I really do. But with all the pharmaceutical companies and such, I think it will be hard to get the cure known Just in my opinion. Because the truth is, the Pharmaceutical companies make BIG money from all the drugs they sell to patients of those diseases. Just my opinion though. But I really do hope this gel works!
3 :
Prevention is NOT the same thing as a cure, so the gel has nothing to do with a cure. A vaccine is getting closer to fruition, but a vaccine is ONLY preventative. It does not cure. Obviously treatments have been improving as well. HIV 20 years ago was considered a death sentence. There are now people who have lived with HIV for 20 years!



Read more discussions :