Saturday, July 24, 2010

How long before you notice HIV/AIDS symptoms


How long before you notice HIV/AIDS symptoms?
If I have oral sex( but he didn't finish) with a guy, 8 years ago should I be worried that he could have given me HIV? Would I have noticed it by now? I know this is really late to be finding out. I have made a doctors appt, but it's not for a another week.
STDs - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
First let me help ease your mind. Oral Sex is very low risk and especially if "he didn't finish". People who are infected with HIV can go 10-12 years with out any symptoms. It's good you are testing now, so don't stress to much. If you have AIDS service organizations in your area some of the test for free, just call and find out their walk in hours.
2 :
awhile.
3 :
HIV symptoms 2-10 weeks after exposure. AIDS up to 10 years. The symptoms are different in both cases.
4 :
Oral sex carries a risk of 1 to 10000 for a single episode. That means it is extremely low. There is a theoretical risk of HIV transmission through oral sex. Relax, you are most probably negative. You cannot rely on symptoms as they are not indication for HIV. The only way is to get tested. Most people do not even show any symptom when they are infected. The symptoms mean nothing. Good luck with your appointment and I am sure you will be fine.



Read more discussions :