Friday, April 8, 2011

Is the University of MN the only place doing extensive research on cancer & HIV/AIDS


Is the University of MN the only place doing extensive research on cancer & HIV/AIDS?
I know I am being biased, as I'm from MN myself. But I was wondering if any other universities or places are doing some research also? (Forgive my ignorance.) TIA for your answers.
Medicine - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
of course not. Do you think a med school that isn't ranked in the top ten would have a corner on those? you'd think being form minnesota you'd have thought of the Mayo clinic. (Rochester in case you were unaware) Across the Mississippi the UW and MCW are both doing research certainly on cancer, probably on HIV as well, same with Iowa to the South. I've proved you wrong four times without leaving the midwest.
2 :
As for cancer research - Univ of MN is barely a blip - The name on most everyones minds when it comes to cancer is MD Anderson in Texas. You also have NIH (Bethesda), Clevland Clinic, and I'll throw in John Hopkins as some of the better known research centers. As for AIDS, I imagine the CDC in Atlanta is doing some interesting things. Hook up to the government website on research studies for more information.



Read more discussions :