Sunday, July 1, 2012

How many people do you know with HIV/AIDS


How many people do you know with HIV/AIDS?
Sadly, our youth are becoming complacent and aren't scared of getting HIV/AIDS anymore...they just think they can "Take a pill" each day and live with it? But, how many people do YOU know living with HIV/AIDS? We need to share their stories with the youth so they know what "living" with HIV/AIDS is really like...
STDs - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
none...that i know of at least.
2 :
My dad died from having AIDS.. he couldn't stand living day to day, pill after pill so he just stopped tkaing his medication. It's an awful disease.. people should be careful. I wish my dad had been
3 :
Quite a few, but I worked in West Africa in a hospital.
4 :
I know quite a few people who have HIV and I live in Eastern Kentucky. I am gay so I am very supportive of HIV AIDS patients.
5 :
a good friend of mine has it, she has been on meds for 4 years and the meds have given her kidney disease,high blood pressure,high cholesterol. and diabetes so now she takes more meds for those problems.she has to get blood test every 3 months,shots for all kinds of reasons.the meds keep her alive but look at all the other problems she has now.
6 :
It is proven about 80% of sexually active adults can or will test positive for HSV-1 from a blood test, herpes swab test or a visual herpes outbreak at one time in his/her life. 25% of sexually active adults can or will test positive for HSV-2. Most people who are exposed to the herpes antibodies donĂ¢€™t have a herpes outbreak or experience mild symptoms of the virus. In that situation the herpes virus is weak and less likely to spread. You could take the herpes blood test. A swab sample from active herpes sore will tell you directly if you carry HSV-1 or HSV-2. Having a doctor see a visual herpes outbreak is far more accurate than a blood test.
7 :
Talking about HIV/AIDS Jennifer not herpes. I don't know anybody who has it, I live in Western Australia and I don't think it's extremely common here. But... I empathise with those who suffer and thank my lucky stars that I don't have it. I hope that in the future we can find a CURE not just tablets to keep it under control. It's a terrible thing that I wouldnt wish anyone to have.
8 :
You know that for the first time, new infection rates are *falling*, right?



Read more discussions :