Monday, October 8, 2012

How can someone cope with living with HIV/AIDs


How can someone cope with living with HIV/AIDs?
I'm in the process of getting tested for STDs right now and I'm nervous. I'm paranoid. I'm very worried. I think I would commit suicide if I tested HIV+ ...is it really worth it to live with AIDs or HIV? Its not about the physical pain but the emotional pain. How can I ever have a loving relationship with someone? My whole social life would be destroyed and all my chances of romance are squandered...
STDs - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
lol bro im in the same boat im worried like crazy...i was thinking about just blowing my head off if i am :( lets cross our fingers for both of us
2 :
You are getting way ahead of yourself. The test isn't back yet, remember? Secondly, It's absolutely worth living with the illness. The drugs have come a long, long way. There is an incredible support network, in the form of professionals and people with HIV. The life expectancy and dormant phase of AID's can be up to 20 years before symptoms develop and yes you can have romance, safe sex and love in your life with HIV. Again, the test isn't back yet and whatever happens, I wish you luck.
3 :
Hey Brother. I tested + about 9 months ago. I thought long and hard about ending it. On my birthday I was soaking in a very hot tub with an Exacto knife in my hands. Earlier that week I had thrown away everything I didn't need, things I wouldn't want anyone to find after my death and was ready to check out. I had the blade over my wrist, but something stopped me. I made the decision to take it year by year. Every year on my B-day, I would take stock of things and decide whether I want to go on or not. I advise you to do the same. You can always kill yourself, but you can't unkill yourself. Make the promise to yourself that you'll do the same. You can always end it later.
4 :
Dont talk about killing yourself because the hiv/aids test s ometimes come out you have it and you really dont, if you get a posrtive get a different test done before you do anything like that, and its not the end of the world if you have it just means your life become very compilicated,andpeople live with it everyday. They do it one day at a time.hope your okay. but if test comes back bad get another test, because there is mess up everyday in labs.
5 :
I went through this 2 years ago. I was a complete wreck for a whole year because I was too afraid to even go and get tested. Ignorance is bliss I guess. I finally did and it was negative. Happiest day of my life. I seriously thought what a life must be like if you tested positive, and still think about it often. I could not imagine living like that either. I mean yeah someone with HIV could live another 20 years, but that is not much comfort when a person is 20 years old. Knowing you won't live past like 40...wow I couldn't even imagine knowing that. The only thing that would keep me going and possible cause me to NOT end my life, would be hope for a cure.
6 :
Click this link and look for bmalt34, that's my answer for you. Hope it helps! http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmSzQWC6YPnuXleC8Uv7nvTty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080423223625AAZz2PI&show=7#profile-info-IPjcYTNJaa



Read more discussions :