Friday, November 28, 2008

are people with HIV aids worried about dying soon or suffering


are people with HIV aids worried about dying soon or suffering?
are anyone with HIV or aids should be extremely worried about suffering and dying soon? is it true that HIV takes over 10 years to turn into aids.. and takes another 5 years to die from aids without using medication... that is a pretty long time to live without medication? so should those people who have it be very very worried or not?
STDs - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Umm no. I have been HIV+ since 2003 and I'm healthy just like everyone else. I may have to take 2 meds a day but there's certainly no price on my health and life right? Why should we be worried? HIV is just a chronic disease like diabetes for example. People are living longer and longer (they have to look after themselves obviously). I know people that have lived with HIV for 20+ years and they are very healthy.
2 :
Well I found out 3 years ago that I was HIV+ and if you are on the right med regimine you can bring hiv/aids under control and live a long and healthy life. There are however some bad side effects from some of the meds.Hiv does not take over 10 years to turn into aids, it becomes aids when your CD4 count is below 200 copies per ML. This can happen rather fast if you dont eat healthy, take your meds, and are around others that are sick say with like the flu etc.To learn all you want on the hiv/aids subject go to www.hivplus.mag they will be very happy to answer all your questions
3 :
I am not worried about suffering, that part I could care less about. I am worried about dying too soon, but that has more to do with me not wanting to leave my baby boy without a mother. I actually found out I was HIV+ when I was pregnant back in March. After much searching as to where it came from, we have discovered that I got the virus from my birth mother. I just turned 24 and I am having no complications from the virus. I have actually been taken off of my meds and because I show a high resistance to the virus my Dr. thinks I can got 10 years without taking meds again. He also sees me living another 30 or 40 years with no problems. As for as how long a person will live, the virus effects people different ways. For me, After 24 years of no treatment my viral load was only 1500 per ml of blood. Which is great! As for my Tcells, we don't have any idea what they were like off of the meds (we will in about a month though). I also have a clean strand, so I have allot of available option of meds to use. Another bonus for me is (other than the HIV) I am a healthy person with no other medical problems, which furthers my chance for survival. I have a friend who has had the virus since she was born and she is now 49. I also knew people who really did only make is 15 years. It all varies from person to person.



Read more discussions :